Deployment: create installation script to set up an Indie Site instance with a single command
Even for people with technical knowledge, we must work to simplify the process of setting up an Indie Site as much as possible.
- You clone the repository to your local machine
- To check for updates and deploy them:
(For people with technical knowledge.)
- You have a domain name
- You have a commissioned VPS running Ubuntu 16.04 (e.g., via CloudScale, Digital Ocean, etc.)
- You have the account name for your ssh account for that server
- You know the ssh password (or, better yet, have your SSH key installed on your local machine)
Given the above prerequisites are met:
- Asks you for your domain.
- Uses SSH to connect to your server, install Dokku and configure it.
- Configures your working copy with the remote.
- Pushes to the deployment server.
- Sets up TLS.
- Does a git pull.
- Does a git push deployment.
This should make is as easy as possible for people with technical knowledge to set up their own instance of Indie Site.
For people without technical knowledge, we are working on a seamless web-based installer, which you can see at Hallo.gent